UF Food and Resource Economics
PO Box 110240
Gainesville, FL 32611-0240
(352) 392-3646 fax
Provides educational programs and applied research results concerning marine economics to various marine industry sectors in Florida. Audience groups include marine aquaculturists, commercial and recreational fishers, state/federal marine resource regulators, seafood dealers, marine-related business owners, and interested general public. Information provided to these groups assists in making business-related and resource management decisions that provide for the sustainable use of Florida’s marine resources.
- Marine aquaculture financial analysis
- Economic impact analysis of marine industries
- Fishery management economics
- Seafood demand analysis
Marine aquaculture feasibility analysis, marine fisheries management and marine industry economic contribution. Through UF’s IMPLAN program, Dr. Adams provides current economic impact information for the state’s clam farming industry.
- PhD, Food and Resource Economics, University of Florida
- MS, Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University
- BS, Fisheries Science, Texas A&M University