Filing Hurricane Losses with USDA Farm Service Agency

For growers located in counties where the USDA Farm Service Agency’s (FSA) local infrastructure has been impacted by Hurricane Ian, the agency has established state-specific toll-free information lines where growers in need can receive immediate information regarding available FSA assistance. If your local FSA office is closed, you can contact the FSA Call Center at 1-877-508-8364. The line is staffed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET or email:  SM.FPAC.FSA.FLFSA.Disaster@USDA.GOV.  If possible, FSA is requesting growers include their county in the subject line of the email, this will expedite the response time of our team.

Reporting Losses/Submitting Applications

If your operation was impacted by a natural disaster and you have an interest in participating in an available disaster assistance program, you should report losses and damages to FSA.

ELAP – Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-raised Fish Program: File notice of loss within 30 days for shellfish.

NAP – Non-insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program: File notice of loss within 15 days,

On, the Hurricane resources webpageDisaster Assistance Discovery Tool, Disaster Assistance-at-a-Glance fact sheet, and Farm Loan Discovery Tool can help producers and landowners determine program or loan options.


Share This Article: