Report Crop Losses for NAP Coverage to Local USDA FSA Office

For those shellfish growers who signed up for the Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program, or NAP, with the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) for crop year 2019, there is a 72-hour requirement to notify your county office when crop losses are apparent (that means when you have been able to inspect your crop and know that you have had mortalities). For oyster growers in Wakulla County, your local office is in Monticello. The phone number is (800) 243-9912 or (850) 997-2072, ext 2. For shellfish growers in Franklin County, the Blountstown office is closed, contact the Wakulla County office instead to report losses. You will also need to get your inventory records together for before and after Hurricane Michael.

Share This Article: