The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) is responsible for the delivery of federal farm programs to help producers manage risks and recover from disasters. USDA FSA representative, Heather Boyd, provided information to shellfish growers on the availability and requirements of the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm raised Fish Program or ELAP. Information included eligible losses, required documentation and important deadlines to meet in accordance with program regulations.
This workshop was co-hosted by the University of Florida Shellfish Extension Program and Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Aquaculture, and was held virtually using Zoom on September 14, 2022.
- Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farms-Raised Fish Program: Aquaculture, Heather Boyd, USDA FSA
- Acreage Report Form– due 9/30/2022; should include, producer information, AQ lease name and number, type and size of mollusk, how many containers/bags planted and how many per container/bag per size, separated by planting dates
- Acreage Report Form Example
- Emergency Loss Assistance Form
- Emergency Loss Assistance Form Example
Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farms-Raised Fish Program
Heather Boyd, Agricultural Program Specialist
FSA State Office
P.O. Box 141030, Gainesville, FL 32614
Phone: (352) 379-4522